All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
But if you're still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are a dozen more reasons to use one:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power -- that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders -- banks and mortgage companies -- offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties. 3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you'll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
Thinking about Buying or Selling Real Estate? Call David Lee Walker REALTOR ®
Search ALL Ventura County Home Listings: Foreclosures, Condos, New Homes, and More.....
View Prices, Maps, Photos, Virtual Tours, with Addresses!
Just use your name, email and valid phone as your Password - then click the "Free Instant Access!" button to enter. (Use the same Password when returning. All information is keep 100 percent Confidential) Allow the next page a few seconds to load.
We hate spam too! Your information will be kept 100 percent Confidential.
David's Golden Real Estate Quote of the Day
"Private enterprise is ceasing to be free enterprise."
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
All sales data is from many sources and is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. All Sales that are shown involved other brokerages both on the selling and listing side. Any involvement by Condohouse Realtors is clearly stated and highlighted in RED. David Lee Walker, real estate broker is qualified to advise on real estate. David Lee Walker does not offer legal advice or tax advice. If you have any questions concerning the legal sufficiency, legal effect, insurance, or tax consequences regarding any real estate or other matter, please consult with your attorney, accountant, insurance agent, tax or other appropriate qualified professional. The Sales information referenced to in this Web Site (CondoHouse.com) has been Provided by the Ventura County
MLS Corporation's MLS as of the current Date. The listings and Sales are NOT exclusive to CondoHouse Realtors and may have been Represented by other Brokers. Display of MLS Data is deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Information contained on this website (www.condohouse.com) is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. The MLS Data and information being provided is for
the consumer’s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose other than
to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Any link is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation nor an endorsement or guarantee. This Information is to be used for a reference and any questions that you may have should be directed to the appropriate Real Estate Agent. If you are interested in any of the properties contained within this website, please contact the appropriate Real Estate Agent. If your property is listed with a Broker, this site is not intended as a solicitation of the listing. The property offered is subject to prior sale. David Walker, REALTOR ®, or CondoHouse Realtors nor Ventura County Coastal Association of Realtors ® or Conejo Valley Association of Realtors ® can not be held responsible for any Errors or Omissions that may have to occur upon the Publishing of this Information. More Disclaimer By submitting your Email address you are consenting for David Lee Walker REALTOR ® to contact you even if your name is a "Do not spam List". By submitting your telephone number you are consenting for David Lee Walker REALTOR ® to contact you even if the number is on
"National Do Not Call Registry".
Real Estate Listing Data Updated Daily
Website Last Modified on
Thursday August 24, 2017 11:05 AM Day 236 of 2017 64.6 129 Days Left in this Year 35.3
Today's Sunrise 6:24 AM PDT - Sunset 7:32 PM PDT
Daylight: 13 Hours 8 Minutes 1 Minute LESS daylight than yesterday.
For Ventura County Real Estate Information Call CondoHouse Realtors CalBRE #: 01124599 805 377 0897
David Lee Walker REALTOR ® California Bureau of Real Estate "Responsible Broker License" CalBRE #: 01124599 Lisa D. Walker REALTOR ® California Bureau of Real Estate "Real Estate Salesperson License" CalBRE #: 01931096 The Father - Daughter Team
805 - 377 - 0897 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This site, built, maintained and updated by David Lee Walker REALTOR ®